Ontario CATHOLIC school GRADUATE EXPECTATIONS
Elementary Wording From I.C.E. Website:
I AM A BELIEVER!
- I believe that God is an awesome God
- I believe in and have faith in God
- I believe that God is always with us
- I believe that we can talk to God anytime and anywhere, through prayer
- I believe in the stories in the bible
- I believe in the stories of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection
- I believe in the Church community, in celebrating Mass and in the Seven Sacraments
- I believe in forgiveness
Because I am a believer, I will live my life like Jesus.
I HAVE A VOICE!
- I speak, write and listen as Jesus would want me to
- I care about others and speak up for them
- I am honest
- I think carefully before I react or speak
- I respect all people and their languages
- I listen to the Word of God
- Because I have a voice, I will use it lovingly, and I will live my life like Jesus.
I HAVE IDEAS!
- I have thoughts and opinions that matter
- I make good choices
- I have hope for the future
- I solve problems with knowledge, understanding and prayer
- I know we are all equal and special
- Because I have ideas, I have a purpose, and I will live my life like Jesus.
I AM A LEARNER FOR LIFE!
- I use my gifts and talents given to me by God
- I always do my best
- I build on my strengths and weaknesses
- I set goals
- I accept change
- I am proud of the good things I do
- I am thankful for the gifts of others
- Because I am a learner for life, I can reach for my dreams, by living my life like Jesus.
I AM A TEAM PLAYER!
- I co-operate with others in all that I do
- I value everyone’s work
- I respect and listen to others I think of others before myself
- I follow rules of fair play
- I work hard in school so that I can build my community and make it a better place
- Because I am a team player, I know that ‘Together is Better’, and we will live our lives like Jesus.
- I love God, myself and my family
- I care about and respect my ‘family’ at school, at Church, in the community, and the world
- I care about and respect God’s creation and everything in it
- Because I care, I pray for all my families, and I will live my life like Jesus.
I HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES!
- I am a peace-maker
- I am fair
- I am forgiving
- I follow rules and do my share
- I help the poor and care for people in need
- I stand up for what is right
- I know that all life is precious
- I respect and protect the world and all that is in it
- Because I accept my responsibilities, I can make a difference, and will live my life like Jesus.
Developed in partnership with St. Clair CDSB and Huron-Perth CDSB