A community of faith
supporting one another during COVID-19
During this time, we can rest assured that our hope is in the Lord, Jesus Christ. On this site we are striving to support one another through the richness of our faith.
From the Chaplain's Desk:
June 25: Pope Francis has humbly described himself as the Bishop of Rome. However, we must not forget that he tends to the flock of 1.2 billion Catholics. He is the most influential Catholic in our time.
One year into his papacy, Pope Francis shared with an Argentinian Magazine his Top 10 Tips to bring more joy into one’s life. I hope you take the time to contemplate these steps towards happiness during your summer break.
- Live and let live. Move forward and let others do the same.
- Be giving of yourself to others. If you withdraw into yourself, you run the risk of becoming egocentric.
- Walk softly. Move with kindness and humility, a calmness in life.
- Have a healthy sense of leisure. The pleasures of art, literature and playing together with children.
- Sundays should be holidays. Sunday is for family.
- Find innovative ways to create dignified jobs for young people. Dignity is given to you when you can bring food home from one's own labor.
- Respect and take care of nature. Environmental degradation is one of the biggest challenges we have.
- Stop being negative. Needing to talk badly about others indicates low self-esteem.
- Don't proselytize. We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating.
- Work for peace. Peace is never quiet, peace is always proactive and dynamic.
God of relationships,
We give you thanks for the many gifts you have placed before us.
Help us to be mindful of what matters the most to us during our summer break.
And we ask you to bless our mind, body, and spirit.
Grace be with you and your family members,
Thomas Dula, Chaplaincy Leader, Ursuline College Chatham
Living with Christ
FAITH & LEARNING
Saint Francis of Assisi reminds us that our common home is like a sister with whom we share our life and a beautiful mother who opens her arms to embrace us. (LS-1) The urgent challenge to protect our common home includes a concern to bring the whole human family together to seek a sustainable and integral development. (LS-13)